“Explore this beautiful cemetery at night,with the people who know it best,and discover a history you never knew.”
The Friends of South Brisbane Cemetery, in conjunction with the Boggo Road Gaol Historical Society, present MOONLIGHT TOURS. These guided tours give you rare access to this historic cemetery at night time, and are conducted by leading cemetery historians.
Why choose Moonlight Tours?
- You can actually talk to us. We are historians, not actors reading from scripts, so you can ask questions during the tour and chat with us. We do our best to provide answers!
- They are factual. We take pride in making sure our stories are historically accurate and respectful of the heritage values of the cemetery.
- They are affordable. We are not-for-profit, and monies raised support cemetery heritage projects.
When: Second and fourth Fridays of each month
Tour length: 2 hours (tour starts 7:15pm)
Meeting place: Main gates, Annerley Road, Dutton Park, by 7:00pm
Cost and bookings
$12.50 children aged 11-16. (Not suitable for children aged 10 and under. All children aged 11-16 must be accompanied by an adult.)
Payment can be made on the night.
Online pre-pay facilities will be available soon.
0401 005430 (Tracey) or 0432 554470 (Chris)
- This is a walking tour of medium ease.
- We care about your safety, so tours are not conducted in heavy rain or high winds. All bookings can be rescheduled.
- Strictly no alcohol allowed in cemetery. Intoxicated persons will be refused entry.
- Please bring along a torch if possible. We do have torches for hire (gold coin).
- Please wear enclosed shoes.
- Prices are valid until January 2013.
- Moonlight Tours are conducted under license from the Brisbane City Council.